CEW Student Travel Grant Program
The CEW Board of Directors has established a travel grant program whereby up to ten (10) travel grants of $300.00 each will be given to Canadian university students to facilitate, support and enhance student attendance and presentation at annual CEWs.
To be considered for a CEW Student Travel Grant, the following criteria must be met:
• The applicant is enrolled as a student in a Canadian university as of the application deadline.
• The student will deliver a platform or a poster presentation on their research at the CEW.
• The student’s university address is more than 700 km from the CEW venue.
• The student has not previously received a CEW travel grant.
By 11:00 pm EDT on June 11, 2017, applicants must submit to Lisa.Taylor@canada.ca:
• a completed 2017 Fillable Application Form;
• a statement of support from the student’s academic supervisor; and
• an abstract (Word or PDF file) for a poster or platform paper on the student’s research.
Please note that abstracts must also be submitted via CEW’s online abstract submission process by June 2, 2017 to be considered for inclusion in the scientific program.
Prior to the application deadline, please contact Lisa Taylor at Lisa.Taylor@canada.ca or 613-991-4062 for more information.
A selection committee will review all eligible applications. Students will be informed by July 31, 2017 as to whether they will receive a CEW travel grant.
Students who are selected will obtain their travel grant in the form of a $300.00 cheque at the CEW registration desk on October 1, 2017.