CEW Student Attendance Grant Program
NOTE: Due to the national pandemic and the movement to include virtual hybrid attendance, CEW is changing the Student Travel Grants to include virtual attendance.
The CEW Board of Directors has established a travel grant program whereby up to ten (10) travel grants of $400.00 each will be given to Canadian university students to facilitate, support, and enhance student attendance and presentation at annual CEWs.
To be considered for a CEW Student Attendance Grant, the following criteria must be met:
- The applicant is enrolled as a student in a Canadian university as of the application deadline.
- The student will deliver a platform or a poster presentation on their research at the CEW.
- The student has not received a CEW travel grant.
- The student is willing to volunteer at the CEW meeting either in-person or virtually.
In addition, the student must be one or more of the following:
- A first-time attendee at CEW
- Conducting research or residing north of the 60th parallel
- Enrolled in first-year post-graduate studies at a Canadian University
By 11:00 pm EDT on June 30, 2021, applicants must submit to Ryan Prosser:
• a completed 2021 Fillable Application Form;
• a statement of support from the student’s academic supervisor; and
• an abstract (Word or PDF file) for a poster or platform paper on the student’s research.
Please note that abstracts must also be submitted via CEW’s online abstract submission process to be considered for inclusion in the scientific program.
Prior to the application deadline, please contact Ryan Prosser for more information.
A selection committee will review all eligible applications. If the number of applications exceeds the number of available grants, applications will be evaluated on the scientific merit of the abstract and a willingness to volunteer at CEW. Additional criteria can also be incorporated in such instances to ensure a diversity of winners, this could include geographical location, under-represented groups, and field of study.