Quebec City and the surrounding area are spectacular in October! Here are some suggestions for activities to complete your stay in the area. You are encouraged to contact these tourism outfitters directly for more information and to book your activity.
Explore Quebec City – by bus, by bike or on foot!
- Discover Quebec City and area by open-top bus! The famous Old Quebec, Montmorency Falls, the Island of Orleans … Many options are available! ($37-$60/adult)
- If you would like a little more exercise, grab a bike and discover Quebec City alone or join a guided bike tour! ($57-$95/adult)
- Or explore the charm, history, and culture of Old Quebec on foot with a knowledgeable, English-speaking guide during a 2-hour walking tour of this incredible World Heritage Site. ($26.36/adult)
- Spend the day in a beautiful provincial park, the Parc national de la Jacques-Cartier! Just 30 minutes from Quebec City, you will be impressed by a vast mountain plateau carved out of deep valleys. Parc national de Jacques-Cartier is home to one of the most beautiful glacial valleys in Quebec, the spectacular Jacques-Cartier Valley. It has a depth of more than 550 metres through which a river winds its way, sometimes calm, sometimes turbulent. Kayak, canoe, raft, or simply hike and perhaps see a moose!
- Alternatively, book an excursion from Quebec City to go whale watching! You will be driven to the Saguenay-St. Lawrence Marine Park to meet the whales that frequent the St. Lawrence River on a Zodiac or a boat accompanied by a nature-savvy captain! ($140/adult
Learn more about local Indigenous culture and history!
- Visit the Huron traditional site, Wendake, and start your journey into the heart of Huron traditions, past and present, including the long house, sweat lodge and traditional means of transportation ($14.75/adult). Enjoy a delicious meal at the restaurant of the Hotel – Museum Premières-Nations and finish your journey with the visit Kabir Kouba Falls in the Village of Wendake.
Discover Quebec City’s museums!
- Quebec City is also host to amazing museums, including the Musée national des beaux-arts du Québec ($22/adult), the Musée de l’Amérique francophone ($10/adult), and the Musée de la civilisation ($17-$22/adult).