Formerly known as the Aquatic Toxicity Workshop (ATW), CEW is Canada’s predominant annual meeting in the field of ecological toxicology and related disciplines. It provides the opportunity to share information on current and emerging topics of regional, national and international importance related to contaminants in ecosystems, both aquatic and terrestrial. Participants include students, academics, government scientists and regulators, environmental consultants, and industry representatives. For more information about the CEW, see About.
CEW 2021 – Halifax
Mark your calendar – CEW is back! The first-ever Hybrid event for CEW will be taking place October 3 to 6, 2021! The CEW Hybrid format will support both in-person attendees in Halifax and virtual attendees while still maintaining the atmosphere of learning and fellowship that CEW has been successfully providing for over 47 years.
Check back here at the end of April for more details about registration and abstract submission deadlines.
Looking forward to seeing you this fall….in Halifax or virtually!
- Date: October 3 – 6th 2021
- Location: Halifax Convention Centre, Halifax, NS
- Session Topics
- Primary and secondary microplastic pollution in the environment
- Emerging contaminants of concern, including perfluororalkylated substances (PFAS)
- Environmental effects monitoring
- Metals and mining
- Agriculture inputs: nutrients, pesticides, and pharmaceuticals
- Personal care products and pharmaceuticals
- Molecular toxicology (omics – genomics, proteomics, metabolomics)
- New toxicity assessment methods and approaches
- Sediment and soil assessment
- New methods and refinements for whole effluent assessment
- eDNA and methods in environmental monitoring
- Water quality guidelines
- Risk assessment