Formerly known as the Aquatic Toxicity Workshop (ATW), CEW is Canada’s predominant annual meeting in the field of ecological toxicology and related disciplines. It provides the opportunity to share information on current and emerging topics of regional, national and international importance related to contaminants in ecosystems, both aquatic and terrestrial. Participants include students, academics, government scientists and regulators, environmental consultants and industry representatives. For more information about the CEW, see About.
CEW 2021 – Halifax
More information coming soon!
- Date: October 2021
- Location: Halifax Convention Centre, Halifax, NS
- Session Topics
- Primary and secondary microplastic pollution in the environment
- Emerging Contaminants of Concern, including perfluororalkylated substances (PFAS)
- Environmental Effects Monitoring
- Metals and Mining
- Agriculture inputs: nutrients, pesticides, and pharmaceuticals
- Personal care products and pharmaceuticals
- Molecular toxicology (omics – genomics, proteomics, metabolomics)
- New toxicity assessment methods and approaches
- Sediment and soil assessment
- Risk assessment