Formerly known as the Aquatic Toxicity Workshop (ATW), CEW is Canada’s predominant annual meeting in the field of ecological toxicology and related disciplines. It provides the opportunity to share information on current and emerging topics of regional, national and international importance related to contaminants in ecosystems, both aquatic and terrestrial. Participants include students, academics, government scientists and regulators, environmental consultants, and industry representatives. For more information about the CEW, see About.
CEW 2021 – Halifax
Registration and Call for Abstracts is Open Now!!!
Mark your calendar – CEW is back! The first-ever Hybrid event for CEW will be taking place October 3 to 6, 2021! The CEW Hybrid format will support both in-person attendees in Halifax and virtual attendees while still maintaining the atmosphere of learning and fellowship that CEW has been successfully providing for over 47 years.
Looking forward to seeing you this fall….in Halifax or virtually!
- Date: October 3 – 6th 2021
- Location: Halifax Convention Centre, Halifax, NS
- Session Topics
- Agriculture Inputs: Nutrients and Pesticides
- Aquaculture and Forestry Industry
- Aquatic Toxicology
- Boat Harbour
- Community Base Monitoring with First Nations/Indigenous Services
- Ecotoxicology in a changing climate (Global warming, Ocean acidification, etc.)
- Environmental DNA – Applications for Biomonitoring and Bioassessment
- Emerging Contaminants of Concern (PFAS, Microplastics, etc)
- Environmental Effects Monitoring
- Environmental Quality Guideline Developments
- Legacy Contamination and Remediation
- State of the Science for Aquatic Assessment and Monitoring for the Mining Sector
- Nano and Molecular Toxicology
- Ocean Plastics and Microplastics
- Offshore Drilling, Oil
- Pharmaceutical and Personal Care Products (PPCPs)
- Reproductive and Developmental Toxicity
- Risk Assessment and Management
- Sediment and Soil Assessment
- Toxicokinetics and Biotransformation
- Wildlife Toxicology